1. Determine the schools you would have an interest in by your academic interest, location and corresponding playing level.
2. Gather coaches contact information for schools.
- Make a spreadsheet with school name, information, website, coaches name, coaches email. It is a good idea to get the assistant coaches email as well.
3. Create a profile.
- See examples below or create a free website (www.webs.com, www.weebly.com, sites.google.com) to host this information.
4. Send an introductory email to your list of schools.
- Include your name, height, position, grad year, high school and club. Be sure to express interest in their school and volleyball program. Address the coach by name to start the email . Include your profile and/or a link to your website.
5. Post a Skills Video link and/or gather Game Footage
- Skills Video – Short video clips loaded on a you tube site.
- Game Footage– should be one entire game (you can edit out dead time, i.e walking back to serve, etc…) of you playing. Be sure to let the coaches know which number you are and in what position you start in.
6. Send your Video link to those coaches that request it and/or to your list of schools
7. Schedule visits
- Once a coach watches your video and or sees you play live and they like you, they will ask you to schedule a visit. All visits before September 1st of your Senior year are unofficial and therefore you will have to pay all expenses.
8. Follow up with coaches
- If a school expresses interest, continually check in with them with updates on your schedule and/or team. Building a relationship with the coaches is a key to success!
9. Register with the NCAA Clearinghouse & NAIA