May 7 (Saturday)
WAVE 1 (8:00-12:00): U15/16 & U17/18
WAVE 2 (1:00-5:00): U13/14 & U12
Covid-19 Protocols for 2022:
- We will run an AM wave (8am-12pm) and PM wave (1pm-4pm) to spread out our courts and ensure social distancing between courts.
- All tournaments age groups will be in a quad style format on 2 or 3 courts with a 3-match guarantee; winners will be determined by final standing; playoffs are not necessarily guaranteed depending on the size of the field and structure of the tournament.
- For quad style tournaments, teams will play every team in their pool and the winner will be announced.
- For larger tournaments, we may do pool play and then re-pool to produce a Gold and Silver pools; winners are determined by final standings.
- Teams will warm-up before their 1st match only and then play all matches; no warmups in between matches.
- Referees & workers will be provided for quad formats, teams will play all matches consecutively & then leave in order to eliminate teams in the facility who are not playing (i.e. work duties and rest periods).
- All other formats will include a work team.
- In all tournament formats, there will NOT be any breaks for any teams (i.e. no team is "off"); this is to reduce the numbers of people in the building at any one time for health safety reasons.
- Tournament tables are NOT allowed; no eating or gathering in close proximity of groups of people who are unmasked.
- Mask policy will be posted and announced prior to the event to maintain compliance with all guidelines (CDC, State of MI, AAU, etc.).
Team Detroit VBC is located at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) in West Bloomfield. We are in the IHC Sports Complex on the west side of the building. Access is easiest off Maple Road (see map below).
6600 W Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Team D 17-Valor
Team D 15-Valor
Team D 15-Freedom
Team D 13-Ranger