Apr 6 (Saturday)
WAVE 1 (8:00-1:00): U15, U16, & U17/18
WAVE 2 (1:00-6:00): U14, U13, & U12
TOURNAMENT FORMAT FOR 2024:
- We will run an AM wave (8am-1pm) and PM wave (1pm-6pm) again this year.
- All tournaments age groups will be 3 pools of 3 teams each (9 teams) or 4 pools of 3 teams each (12 teams). There is a 4-match guarantee; winners will be determined by final standing.
- For 9 team tournaments on 3 courts, we do pool play and then re-pool to produce a Gold, Silver, and Bronze pools; winners are determined by final standings. In this format, every team will either play or work (no team is "off").
- For 12 team tournaments on 4 courts, we do pool play and then re-pool to produce a Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Copper pools; winners are determined by final standings. In this format, every team will either play or work (no team is "off").
- Teams will warm-up before their 1st match only and then play all matches; no warmups in between matches.
- All pool play matches are 2 sets each, games to 25, cap at 27.
- Playoff or championship matches in certain formats may be a best of 3 sets format.
- Work teams are responsible for R1 ("Up Ref"), R2 ("Down Ref"), 2xline judges, score sheet, libero tracker, and scoreboard.
- Tailgating outside is allowed. Tailgating inside (i.e. "tournament tables") is NOT allowed; concessions will be provided this year.
Team Detroit VBC is located at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) in West Bloomfield. We are in the IHC Sports Complex on the west side of the building. Access is easiest off Maple Road (see map below).
6600 W Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322